Friday, November 15, 2013

Bus 55 Unhelpful Driver

A Broward County Transit driver has again demonstrated Broward County Transit's  dedication to good "service".  A war vet and firefighter of 29 years tried to ask the driver of the departing 12:35 55 bus  at NE 41st a simple question, but the driver refused even to acknowledge him. Nice!

I will grant that the man was loud and a bit repetitive, but a "service" organization should be all about providing "service". Drivers of Broward County Transit should have an adequate knowledge of routes and connections to provide all riders and potential riders with the information they require. However, that's not really the point; the driver wouldn't even ACKNOWLEDGE the gentleman.  Was he deaf?  If so, are deaf people allowed to drive public buses?  I suspect he was just an arrogant, SOB who couldn't be bothered.

Drivers are the on-the-ground representatives of Broward County Transit, but many of them act like they're doing the riders a favor just for showing up. I guess the culture at Broward County Transit is less about "A job worth doing is worth doing well" and more about, "Hey, I'm just here for a paycheck so leave me alone."  

Well, any year now, I may actually hear back from Timmy or Chip with some answers, but I'm not putting any money on it.

I remain,

Condemned to Broward Transit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment