Friday, November 1, 2013

The Poorly Run Broward County Transit

Yesterday, I got to Bayview and Sunrise at 2:45 which left plenty of time before the 2:58 was due to arrive.  In fact, that bus never arrived.  It turns out that someone on that bus relieved him/herself inside the bus.  That's not Broward County Transit's fault.  Patiently I waited for the 3:18 which never showed up which is the fault of Broward County Transit and its lack of sufficient contingency planning.    The 3:31 arrived at 3:35.  I filed a complaint with a call-back request for the driver of the 3:18, but the complaint I wanted to file for the supervisor of operations had to be done online.  Why?  Anyway, I filed the complaint online and wondered if I would ever get a reply.  I did.  They sent me my complaint with no response…just my original complaint.  Amazon, Apple, and every other venue that has a comment section sends a confirmation of an order, comment, or complaint.  Not Broward County Transit, they send you your original complaint.  What is that??  Here's what they sent me:

       -----Original Message-----
       From: DoNotReply <DoNotReply@broward.org>
      Sent: Thu, Oct 31, 2013 4:27 pm

      Subject: Broward County Transit Commen
      I want to file a complaint against the Department of Operations. When there is an issue on the routes, there are no contingency plans in place to make sure people get to where they need to be. I want to be contacted about this situation!


A lot of issues do fall at the feet of  Broward County Transit's operations…even this pathetic "response."   Why wasn't there a contingency plan in place to get people picked up?  Someone peeing on a bus is not an anomaly.  Why is nothing in place when problems arise?  Why do the consumers of this "service" have to bear the brunt of common issues?  I was late for an appointment as a result of the failure of operations at Broward County Transit.

I remain,

 Condemned to Broward County Transit.

No comments:

Post a Comment