Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Broward County Transit and iPhone Users and Another Missive to Tim Garling

  So after several weeks trying to figure out why I can't scroll down to the specific bus routes and schedules I need, I called Broward County Transit and spoke with "Tina"  and asked to speak with someone at IT.  Of course, I never once believed I would be transferred to IT, but a gal can try, right?  On both occasions, "Tina" the customer "service" operator asked what the problem was, put me on hold, came back on and said the problem is just with my phone.  The second time I called was after I had been to the Apple Store where employees could not scroll down on their phones either.  I guess that the only place this works, as if anything actually does work at Broward County Transit, is at their HQ.  How convenient for them but without a care for the riders.  Nothing new there.  So, here's the letter I'm sending to Tim Garling, from whom I still haven't heard regarding my first letter sent to him on October 8.  Again, what else is new?  If you've been having trouble with getting schedules, call Broward County Transit and complain, or write to Tim Garling.   Here's the new missive: 


Mr. Timothy Garling
Transit Director
Broward County Transit
1 N. University Drive
Plantation, FL 33324

October 22, 2013


Mr. Garling:  

I sent my last correspondence to you on October 8th and haven’t yet heard from you.   If you “lost” it, please feel free to reference it at condemnedtobrowardcountytransit.blogspot.com.  I posted it two days after I sent it, so you’d have a chance to read it before it was posted.  

I have something else I’d like answered.  For several weeks, I have been unable to scroll down on your site in order to see when buses could possibly be expected.  On my iPhone, however, I can’t scroll down to the buses I need.  So this morning I called in and spoke with “Tina” and asked to speak with someone in IT.  Well, we all know that wasn’t going to happen, but she said that “Freddie” (sp) ...no last name available,  says it works.  Really?  I was at the Apple Store today where multiple people tried it on all varieties of iPhones and NO ONE could scroll down to get information on routes like 36 or 72.  How do you account for that???  

Still waiting to hear from you,

cc.  Chip LaMarca - Broward County Commission
       condemnedtobrowardcountytransit.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment