Monday, October 28, 2013

Still Waiting for a Response from Broward County Transit's Tim Garling

It is Day 20 in the wait for a response from Timothy Garling at Broward County Transit.  I sent the following email earlier today to Commissioner Chip LaMarca:

 October 28, 2013

Commissioner:

I found the following quote in the online version of the Sun-Sentinel:

         Chip LaMarca is a lifelong resident of Broward’s Fourth District
         who has earned a reputation for being a citizen’s advocate and a
          respected voice for the taxpayers that he is honored to represent.

Because I have heard back from neither you nor Mr. Garling regarding my two letters asking for answers to legitimate questions, this quote is just not ringing true.

At what point will I receive some advocacy?  Is it acceptable that twenty days have elapsed since I sent my first letter with no response?  I haven’t even received a “we’re looking into your issues...” response.   Nothing.

If you are the “advocate” you are being portrayed as being, please let me know what actions you are taking to ensure that  Mr. Garling responds to my questions.  He is at least accountable to the Broward County Commission, right?
   
He sent me the following response soon after:

I appreciate your email, but this is the first email that I have received and this is the first of the issue that I am aware of.  Please resend your email or letter to our office of call us at 954.357.7004.  I am more than willing to assist, but I will need you to fill me in on the issue.

Best regards,
Chip LaMarca
Broward County Commissioner
115 South Andrews Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

My response:

Commissioner,

I sent both letters through the US Mail to your downtown office as listed on your website.  I am attaching both to this email.  In addition, both letters are on my blog which I linked to my email earlier today.
Also, you are not authorized to disclose my email address to Timothy Garling or anyone else at Broward County Transit.

I guess it remains to be seen whether or not I receive some advocacy.  

Until there's more, I remain…

Condemned to Broward County Transit

No comments:

Post a Comment